I am a practicing psychiatrist with expertise in treatment-resistant cases across a broad spectrum of diagnoses. All too often, people have more than one diagnosis, so focusing specifically on one set of symptoms is often fraught with limitations. I have extensive experience with psychopharmacology, psychotherapy, and complementary and alternative treatments.
When it comes to using the ketogenic diet in the treatment of psychiatric conditions, I support comprehensive and coordinated treatment by a multidisciplinary team, grounded in medical science. It is not just about food. This treatment incorporates medications, medical monitoring, diet, and support.
Elements of my treatment approach include:
- Medical consultation and evidence-based recommendations
- Medical management and oversight, including:
- Appropriate laboratory values, weight, regular glucose and ketone levels
- Symptom rating scales and periodic evaluations
- Management of adverse effects
- Medication monitoring and adjustments
- Meal planning
- Fitness training (when desired)
- Meal preparation and delivery service (when desired)
As a consultant, I coordinate this multidisciplinary effort and work in conjunction with patients and their families, the treatment team, and other medical professionals.
My practice is located at McLean Hospital – 115 Mill St, Belmont, MA 02478. Phone: 617-855-2180
UNFORTUNATELY, I AM NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING NEW PATIENTS AS MY PRACTICE IS FILLED.